Monday, April 24, 2017

Page 152 and Page 153


Page 152:

"I find three hundred and sixty five as many days as there are in a year. On counting the number of cards in a pack I find fifty two the number of weeks in a year - and I find four suits the number of weeks in a month. I find there is twelve picture cards representing the number of months in a year - and in counting the number of tricks I find thirteen the number of weeks in a quarter."
"So you see sir a pack of Cards serves for a Bible, an Almanac and prayer book."


Page 153:

A: I've heard that you got married.
B: Yes I did.
A: Well, that's great.
B: Actually it wasn't all that great, my wife did pass away.
A: Oh, that's terrible.
B: Well, it wasn't all bad since I found another one.
A: How wonderful.
B: Not that wonderful, she was a bit of a nag.
A: How awful. 
B: Not that awful, because she had a great big house. 
A: That's great!
B: It was, except it burned to the ground.
A: That was bad luck!
B: Not really. because we had it insured.
A: Very good!
B: Not that good, because it was discovered that I was the one who set the fire. 
A: That's unfortunate.
B: It wasn't all bad, because I was sentenced to servitude and now I receive free room and board.
A: How delightful.
B: Really not that wonderful, since now I can't get back home to the wife.
A: Oh no!
B: It's not all bad, because she ran of with another.



No comments:

Post a Comment